When you want to run an application when resume your PC from stand-by, you can follow the following procedure:
- Open task sheduler [press windows key, type task, click on task scheduler at the top of the menu list]
- In Actions [menu or right pane] click ‘new task’
- In General tab, give your task a name
- In Trigger tab, click ‘new’
- Choose ‘on an event’ in the top drop-down list.
- Choose ‘custom’ radio button
- Click on the ‘new event filter’ button that now appears.
- For event level, choose ‘information’
- In ‘event logs’ drop-down menu, choose windows logs > system. Put a tick next to ‘system’ only
- Click on the text ‘All event ID’s’ [the text will clear] and insert 1
- Click ok
- In the ‘Actions’ tab, choose the program you want to start by clicking ‘new’
- In the ‘new action’ window, use the browse button to navigate to the .exe of the program you want to run. If you have a shortcut on your desktop for the program, you can simply choose that and scheduler will extract the path from the shortcut.
- [optional] Add -fullscreen to the ‘arguments’ box if you want your program to start full screen and it supports this switch [argument]
Be First to Comment